Best Response - Are transfer students required to submit transcripts?

Are transfer students required to submit transcripts?

Official transcripts are required from any of the following institutions that you've attended:
 1) High School
 2) University
 3) College
 4) Other accredited institutions

Transcripts must be official, which means they are issued either directly from the school to the University of Guelph or they are issued to you in a sealed institutional envelope, which you may forward to us.  They must be received by the deadline date.  If you are applying from an Ontario college or university, you will have the option on the OUAC 105 form to have those transcripts sent to us directly; this is also acceptable, but note that you may still need to have your high school transcript sent separately.

At the time of your application, please send all transcripts, including mid-term grades as we may make a provisional decision with mid-terms.  We also require that you follow up with final transcripts when your final marks are available.

Admission decisions will be based on these official documents and availability of space. Deadline dates are strictly adhered to.


Any student applying to transfer to the University of Guelph from another post-secondary institution should arrange to have official secondary and post-secondary transcripts delivered to:

Admission Services, UC Level 3
University of Guelph
50 Stone Road East
Guelph, ON 
N1G 2W1

Admission decisions for the Bachelor of Landscape Architecture Program, the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Program and other limited enrolment programs will not be made until after the deadline date for receipt of applications and documentation. Decisions will be communicated to applicants approximately one month after that date.

If you have any questions about the documents being requested for your application or regarding the status of submitted documents, please contact or call 519-821-2130.


For more information, refer to the University/College Transfer Student page.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the information provided above may be inaccurate. Please visit the University's COVID-19 website for up-to-date information and FAQs.

How well did this response answer your question?
powered by IntelliResponse