What should I know about meal plans?
The University of Guelph’s food selection and quality is exceptional and you’ll appreciate the friendly, helpful Hospitality Services staff. Whether you’re running to class or want to kick back and relax, Guelph has 20 different dining facilities conveniently located across campus.
Meal Plan Options
When you purchase an On-Campus Meal Plan, your Student Identification Card is your payment system for your food purchases. Every time you choose a snack or a meal, simply present your Student ID card to the cashier and the appropriate amount will be deducted from your meal plan balance. If you live in a traditional residence, you are required to purchase an On-Campus Meal Plan for the school year. We offer different sizes of On-Campus Meal Plans to accommodate a variety of eating habits.
Also available is the Ultra Food Plan; this is an optional meal plan for students living in East Residence, East Village Townhouses or off campus.
- Wide-ranging food selections include popular comfort foods, international cuisine, pastas, deli sandwiches, lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, extensive salad bars and some of your favourite brands such as Subway, Pizza Pizza, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Made in Japan, Second Cup, and Booster Juice.
- You can use your meal plan to purchase food at select off-campus restaurants in Guelph.
- You can be assured that only top-quality products with a focus on local and sustainable food items are used in our dining facilities.
- We understand that many of our students have special food requirements. We are able to accommodate a wide variety of diets on campus, including: vegetarian and vegan, Kosher, Halal, lactose-free, peanut- and nut-free, and gluten-free.
- Food is available 7 days a week from 7 a.m. until midnight.
For those students looking for ultimate convenience, Guelph offers a $1,000 textbook plan. With the textbook plan you can use your student ID card in the University Bookstore to buy all your textbooks and receive a 10% rebate on your purchases added to your meal plan.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the information provided above may be inaccurate. Please visit the University's COVID-19 website for up-to-date information and FAQs.