Best Response - How do I return to finish my degree or take more courses?

How do I return to finish my degree or take more courses?

If you are interested in reapplying to the University of Guelph or returning to finish an undergraduate degree, please consult the relevant area below. General admission information can be found on our website.

Previously registered University of Guelph students:
Previously registered University of Guelph students must apply to Admission Services for readmission under any of the following conditions
1. If you were required to withdraw from your program for a period of two or more semesters.
2. If you were suspended from the University for academic misconduct.
3. If you received an undergraduate degree from this University and wish to register as a continuing student.
4. If you registered in a program at another post-secondary institution and wish to return to the University of Guelph.
5. If you have not registered at the University of Guelph for six or more consecutive semesters (two years, including summer semesters).
6. If you are attending the University of Guelph on a letter of permission and wish to continue past the term of the letter of permission agreement.

Readmission to a program at the University of Guelph is not automatic. Students who are required to withdraw must apply for readmission to the University after completing the minimum two semesters of rustication. In many cases academic upgrading is required for the purpose of re-admission. If you have been required to withdraw you must submit a support letter outlining the following:

  • explanation for this reapplication
  • statement of reasons for past academic record
  • a summary of your activities since your last registration at the University of Guelph
  • the steps you have taken to ensure academic success in the future.

Criteria used for readmission may differ by academic program. Students considering readmission should consult with the appropriate Program Counsellor or Admission Counsellor regarding procedures and criteria for readmission to that program.

Students requesting readmission should use the University of Guelph Internal transfer (Reapplication) Form available at the Internal Transfer Information page.

Applications for readmission must be submitted by the deadline date established for each semester. An application fee is payable at the time the application is submitted.  Please refer to the Application Deadlines for Internal Transfer Students for important information.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the information provided above may be inaccurate. Please visit the University's COVID-19 website for up-to-date information and FAQs.

How well did this response answer your question?
powered by IntelliResponse