What is U of G's Library like?
You have access to an extraordinarily wide range of information through the Library's many resources and borrowing partnerships. In the Library, you are provided with extensive print collections, state-of-the-art computer access, and individual and group space for study and learning. Many of the Library’s resources are available electronically, thus allowing access at any time and from any location. The Library’s expert staff will help you connect quickly with the information you require.
One of Canada’s Top University Libraries
- Over 175 computer workstations.
- Library’s wireless network allows you to have web access on laptop computers, tablets, and PDA’s throughout the building.
- Printers, photocopiers and scanners available.
Student Centered Environment
- Work early or late – the library is open from 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 a.m. daily
- Meet a friend or study quietly – extensive space for both group and quiet study.
- Grab a bite – coffee pub on the main floor lounge serving food and refreshments (part of the University of Guelph meal plan).
- Be Safe – "Safewalk" – volunteers will take you from the library to your residence door or the edge of campus.
- You have access to 7 million volumes and more than 11,000 journals and databases.
- One of the top 120 research universities in North American, member of the elite Academic Research Libraries Association (ARL).
- World-renowned Archival & Special Collections area showcasing collections in Scottish Studies, Canadian theatre, landscape architecture and rural history.
Note : Information on Qualtrics is available at https://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs/service/online-surveys
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the information provided above may be inaccurate. Please visit the University's COVID-19 website for up-to-date information and FAQs.